Basic Leather Crafting
Discover endless possibilities when crafting with leather! By the end of this session, you’ll be able to create your own cord organizer, braided cuff, hand-stamped veg-tanned leather luggage tag, and a hand-stitched pouch.
This workshop was designed and written for instruction by Pat Peralta.
1 basic cord organizer
1 magic braid bracelet
1 hand-stamped bag tag
1 saddle-stitched pouch
TOPICS AND TECHNIQUES
- Introduction to materials and tools
- Understanding leather
- Different types of leather
- Choosing leather
- Attaching button snaps
- Magic braid
- Proper measurements for custom bracelets
- Basic tooling on veg-tanned leather
- Saddle stitching
- Q&A: Students are encouraged to bring photos or drawings of projects they want to create, so the instructor can further guide them with execution.
LEATHER CRAFTING KIT
1 set 10mm button snap setter
20 pcs. 10mm button snaps
1 pc. 2mm hole puncher
2 pcs. embroidery needle
1 pc. cutting board
1 pc. cutter
1 pc. silver pen
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTORS
Pat Peralta is co-founder, designer, and maker at Soul Flower Co. She started teaching leather crafting in 2014, and has had over 500 students since then.
Patty Santos is owner, designer, and crafter at Kuwit. She had her start at leather crafting in 2015 at one of Soul Flower’s workshops. Since then, she has displayed fine craftsmanship in making leather bags, mostly out of veg-tanned leather.
- October 7 (Saturday) / 2pm – 5pm (All slots taken)
- October 15 (Sunday) / 9am – 12nn (All slots taken)
- October 21 (Saturday) / 9am – 12nn ( 1 slot left)
- November 11 (Saturday) / 2pm – 5pm
- November 12 (Sunday) / 9am – 12nn
- November 12 (Sunday) / 2pm – 5pm at CraftMNL, Makati. Register here.
- November 18 (Saturday) / 9am – 12nn
Venue: Soul Flower, Co. Craft Studio (unless stated otherwise)
Unit 2C No. 22 Malingap St. Teacher’s Village Quezon City
For directions, just type in Studio 925 by Soul Flower on Google Maps or Waze.
*You may pay via BPI bank deposit/online money transfer or PayPal
*If you are not available on these dates, you may contact us HERE to schedule a private workshop.