Crafting Leather Bags: Tote
You’ve done the basic practice, now it’s time to apply your leather crafting skills on a more challenging project! Turn a sketch into an actual leather bag with this two-day workshop. Learn the first step of bag making, which is creating a pattern, then spend the next day putting your bag together with your own hands!
Basic Leather Crafting is a prerequisite to this two-day workshop.
Participants are also highly encouraged to bring their own 10 square feet of genuine leather. Leather may also be purchased at the studio.
Day 1 – Bag template
Day 2 – Hand-stitched leather bag
TOPICS & TECHNIQUES:
Day 1 – Three (3-4) hours
- Measurements for a tote bag pattern
- Shaping the pattern
- Applying the pattern in preparing your leather
Homework: punching holes for stitching
Day 2 – Five (5) hours
- Bag construction
Materials included in the craft kit:
- Cartolina for the pattern
- Waxed thread
Tools and materials participants need to bring:
- Everything in your Basic Leather Crafting Workshop Kit
- At least 7 sq ft of leather – you may either bring your own or purchase from the studio**
**Participants of this workshop will receive a 50% discount on leather.
- September 30 (Saturday) / 9am – 1pm & October 1 (Sunday) / 9am – 2pm
Venue: Studio 925
Unit 2H No. 22 Malingap St. Teacher’s Village Quezon City
For directions, just type in Studio 925 by Soul Flower on Google Maps or Waze.
*You may pay via BPI bank deposit/online money transfer or PayPal.
Note: This workshop uses chemicals which may not be safe for pregnant women.